Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An indescribable feeling...

My decision to further my education at SCAD was sparked by the feeling I get when I collaborate with other creative minds. After working as a graphic designer for the past 8 years in the real world, I realized I wanted to feel that feeling all the time.

I'm obsessed with the design process. This process is intense and very important. All the ideas (good, bad, and even stupid) are addressed during this process. We take a look at what has been done before, why it worked, why it didn't work. We put ourselves in the shoes of our audience and take our likes and opinions out of the equation. We brainstorm and push a great idea even further until finally a solid concept is born. I believe this is my strength.

Yesterday, I received an email from an online classmate Susan Cole. She is in my Graphic Design Studio II class. I had critiqued the brochure she was creating for the final class project. She personally wrote me to thank me for my feedback. It really helped her. I can not explain how happy I am to know that. For me, it surpasses any joy I have felt after completing a project, no matter how good it was. The email read:

Christina,
I just wanted to make sure that I let you know how much I appreciate
your efforts for my booklet project and that I value your comments.
I really like your work, and I think you will "tear it up" on campus.
I hope they are ready for you!
Best,
Susan


I love to explore ideas. I love pushing creativity and refining every last detail. And I love it most when it helps someone else, when someone else can step away from their project when it is done and be proud of it.

-cmd

2 comments:

Vitamin B-Lardo said...

The best collaborator I know.

Your strength really is in pushing ideas. Making ideas make sense. Bringing things to the next level.

I take pride in knowing that I've worked with you.

mo said...

Hi lady!

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for coming out on Saturday night--it was a very important evening for me, and it meant a great deal to feel such a supportive, loving audience.

I also wanted to say (in response to your blog) that I wish all the verytopnotch best to you as you embark on this awesome journey. Having seen your work, I have a feeling that Atlanta is about to be wowed! ;)

Hope we can visit you soon!